Toxic and traumatic relationships change us. You can or usually will start to adopt warped and negative thoughts and feelings. It’s not your fault!
Shahida Arabi talks about some of these reactionary things in a recent post.
1. Constantly doubting your self-worth.
2. Questioning your ability to make the right decisions or perceive reality correctly.
3. Chasing after toxic people.
5. Being people-pleasing and perfectionistic.
6. Withdrawing from others and isolating yourself.
Give it a read, I’ll think you agree it’s full of good info.